2016 Reader's Choice Awards
The magazine’s annual travel issue presents the winners based on voting by readers for 20 categories.
“We appreciate the support from the voters and Kentucky Living magazine,” said Parks Commissioner Donnie Holland. “All of our parks are special places and the recognition they receive is a credit to our staff and our visitors.”
The following parks received recognition:
- Selfie Location: 1st Place, Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin; 2nd Place, Natural Bridge State Resort Park, Slade.
- Museum: 1st Place, John James Audubon State Park, Henderson.
- Outdoor Recreation Spot: 2nd Place, John James Audubon State Park, Henderson.
- Horseback Riding Trail: 2nd Place, Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin.
- Vacation Getaway: 2nd Place, Cumberland Falls State Resort Park, Corbin; 3rd Place, Lake Cumberland State Resort Park, Jamestown.
- Hall of Fame, Golf Course: General Burnside Island State Park entered the magazine’s Hall of Fame for being voted first place in the same category three consecutive years.
Other parks already in the magazine’s Hall of Fame include Cumberland Falls State Resort Park for scenic view and Perryville Battlefield State Historic Site for Civil War site.
To view the entire April issue of Kentucky Living, visit: www.kentuckyliving.com and click on “magazine.”
For more information about Kentucky State Parks, visit: www.parks.ky.gov