Plus a Kentucky Songwriter Who's Contributed A LOT to Country Music
First of all, I apologize for not letting you know about this exciting festival sooner – but I actually have a pretty darn good excuse… I only heard about it this morning!
The Sandy Lee Watkins Songwriters Festival will highlight some of the best music in the world from some of the best songwriters in the world. One of these successful songwriters is Henderson Kentucky’s own Kerry Kurt Philips.
You may not know the name, but I guarantee you know some of his songs:
- “I Don’t Need Your Rockin’ Chair” (George Jones)
- “Prop Me Up Beside the Jukebox,” “In My Own Backyard,” and “Pickup Man” (Joe Diffie)
- “Drinkin’ Bone” (Tracy Byrd)
- “Do You Want Fries With That.” (Tim McGraw)
- “She Let Herself Go” (George Strait)
- “This Ain’t Nothin’” (Craig Morgan)
This talented man’s songs have also been recorded by John Michael Montgomery, Doug Stone, Mark Chestnut, Trace Adkins, Vern Gosdin, Ricky Van Shelton, Aaron Tipin, Tanya Tucker, Kenny Chesney, Eddie Raven, Phil Vasser, Ray Benson, Joe Stampley and more!
Wow. Can you imagine, writing songs that were sung by these Country Music giants? A few are more than songs, actually – they’re more like Southern anthems!
See Sandy Lee Watkins Songwriters Festival for more information, including each of the songwriters.