Coca-Cola's Take it to the Park Campaign
Beautiful Rough River Lake at Rough River Dam State Resort Park
Twelve Kentucky State Parks are looking for votes as part of Coca-Cola’s “Take It To The Park” campaign that is underway through July 15. I’m glad to see that Coca-Cola is sponsoring this great contest again.
Cash prizes that can be used for recreation projects go to the winning parks as part of an effort to encourage people to get out in the great outdoors and to get more exercise! The top prize is $100,000 for the winning park and I would LOVE to see one of our Kentucky State Parks claim the money.
You can vote for your favorite park once a day during the campaign. You’ll need to enter the State Park’s name as well as the city it’s in, so to make it easier for you, I’ve included the cities below. I’m surprised that Lake Barkley State Resort Park and Pine Mountain State Resort Park aren’t on the list – they’re two of our personal favorites because of their beauty and exceptional restaurants.
Having said that, there are some wonderful parks on the list – and a few of our other favorites are represented: Rough River Dam (home to some of the friendliest people in Ky), Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, Lake Cumberland… Last year, I blew it, I voted for different parks throughout the campaign. The thing to do is pick one and throw it ALL of your support.
Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park is currently leading the other Kentucky State Parks. It’s actually in the top 25 parks (nationally) getting the most votes right now. Currently it’s 12th, which is pretty awesome for a smaller state like Kentucky!
Click HERE now to vote and learn more about the campaign. Please vote as often as you can and tell everyone you know to do the same. This could mean so much to a park.
Double Vote Days! Today (June 21, 2013) and on the weekend of July 13-14, your votes count DOUBLE! Go Vote NOW!
The following Kentucky State Parks are participating:
- Barren River Lake State Resort Park (Lucas, Ky.)
- Big Bone Lick State Historic Site (Union, Ky.)
- Carter Caves State Resort Park (Olive Hill, Ky.)
- Columbus-Belmont State Park (Columbus, Ky.)
- Fort Boonesborough State Park (Richmond, Ky.)
- General Butler State Resort Park (Carrollton, Ky.)
- Jenny Wiley State Resort Park (Prestonburg, Ky.)
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park (Gilbertsville, Ky.)
- Lake Cumberland State Resort Park (Jamestown, Ky.)
- My Old Kentucky Home State Park (Bardstown, Ky.)
- Rough River Dam State Resort Park (Falls of Rough, Ky.)
- Waveland State Historic Site (Lexington, Ky.)
How to earn even more votes for your favorite park:
Earn five votes per day by checking in at your favorite park with Foursquare. If you don’t have Foursquare yet, you’ll need to download the app.
Earn ten votes per day by getting active at your park with MapMyFitness. If you aren’t already a MapMyFitness user, you’ll need to sign up here first!
Lake Cumberland State Resort Park’s COOL Cabins in the Woods!