Can You Believe It's Almost That Time??!!
If you’ve never been to Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park, I’m here to tell you that you’re missing out on something extra special. The beautiful scenery and the cozy lodge are really something else – and the fried catfish sandwich just might be the best one in the entire state of Kentucky. The food is always really, really, really good in this state park’s restaurant (located downstairs in the lodge).
When I had to give up gluten and wheat, visions of the epic fried catifsh sandwich at Pennyrile broke my heart in two. See the picture below and you’ll understand why.
The following event has passed, but you can find up-to-the-minute Kentucky Events on our Events Page. Also, check out some of the best things to do in Kentucky… most importantly, just get out there and enjoy our beautiful state!
Whether you’ve never been to Pennyrile or are (like us) regular guests, here’s a great chance to go back. Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park is offering guests a chance to celebrate the Kentucky Derby at the park with a special Derby Weekend Package May 2-3, 2015.
The package includes one nights’ lodging, a dinner buffet Saturday night, watching the big race on television, a Derby hat contest, music from DJ Brandon Burke and a dance Saturday evening. A Sunday morning country ham buffet is also included.
The package is $150 plus tax for two people. Golf discounts are also available during the weekend.
For information and reservations, call Donnie Jones at 1-800-325-1711.
The resort is 20 miles northwest of Hopkinsville, on KY 109 North. Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park is approximately 8 miles south of Dawson Springs. Take Exit 92 on Interstate 69.
More Pennyrile State Resort Park on Genuine Kentucky:
- Pennyrile State Resort Park Pictures
- Things to Do at Pennyrile State Park!
- Pennyrile State Resort Park Events
- Kentucky Picture of the Day from Pennyrile State Park
- Pennyrile Forest’s Clifty Creek Restaurant Review
- Beautiful Picture of Pennyrile Forest
- Perfect Afternoon at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
- Secluded Lodge at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park!
- Beautiful Deer at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
- Best Fried Catfish Sandwich in Kentucky
- Best Trails for Hiking in Kentucky