Golden Pond Planetarium in the Land Between the Lakes is SO Ready for Summer!
The Golden Pond Planetarium in the Land Between the Lakes has some pretty amazing evening shows lined up for the 2017 summer season… and by “pretty amazing,” I mean absolutely spectacular.
Evening Planetarium Shows and Star Parties: The Planetarium offers evening Astronomy shows and the members of the West Kentucky Amateur Astronomers host Star Parties (weather permitting). Seasoned astronomers use telescopes to guide children and adults in observing the night sky. Observatory Star Parties follow the last show in the planetarium.
The Laser and evening planetarium showings and Star Parties offer indoor and outdoor activities after 5 pm starting in May and lasting all summer.
• May 27: Star Party at dark after 7 pm planetarium astronomy show
• June 10 and 24: Star Party at dark after 8 pm planetarium astronomy show
• July 8 and 22: Star Party at dark after 8 pm planetarium astronomy show
• Aug 5 and 19: Star Party at dark after 8 pm planetarium astronomy show
Laser Lights Music Shows: The planetarium dazzles visitors with multi-colored laser light shows synchronized to popular music across the 40-foot dome. Featured artists include the Beatles, U2, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and many more country and pop artists.
Doors open 30 minutes before show times.
• 5:30 pm and 7 pm on Saturday nights beginning Saturday, May 13
• 5:30 pm and 7 pm on Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday nights beginning Friday, June 2
• 8 pm bonus laser shows June 3 and 17; July 1, 15 and 29; and August 12 and 26.
Enhance your laser lights show experience with special 3D laser viewing glasses available in the gift shop.
Due to safety concerns, doors close after shows begin. Discount and Fun Cards are not accepted for laser shows. For a complete schedule of evening laser shows, visit the Planetarium page on the website or https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Laser-May-August-2017.pdf.
To find more information about Land Between the Lakes, log on to the official website at www.landbetweenthelakes.us or call 1-800-LBL-7077 or 270-924-2000.