Kentucky Food, Crafts, and An Endless Supply of Beautiful Nostalgia
You already know how fond I am of Aurora, Kentucky and I’ve made it perfectly clear that I could spend all day in the Hitching Post & Old Country Store. So, there’s really nothing left to say.
- The homemade fudge served in the Hitching Post will bring you to your knees.
- Kentucky Crafts make excellent gifts for Christmas, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day….
- The Jams, Jellies, Preserves, Honey, Relishes, and other delicious Kentucky food is better than anything you’ll find in Kroger (or any other grocery store).
- Did I mention the homemade fudge?
- If you love photography, this is a trip you have to make.
- There are A LOT of fun toys, novelty gifts, figurines, jewelry, t-shirts, etc.
- I’m crazy about the regional cookbooks.
- You’ll find countless collectibles – whether you love historical collectibles, nostalgic collectibles, or antiques. You’ll find them all.
- If the people in the Hitching Post were any friendlier… scratch that – they couldn’t be any friendlier.
- Oh! I almost forgot – the delicious homemade fudge!
Take it from me, once you use the locally made jams, jellies, and preserves from the Hitching Post, there’s no going back. These are extra special and my buttermilk biscuits wouldn’t dream of allowing any other preserves touch them!
See The Hitching Post’s Website for More Information!
Special Note: The Hitching Post (like so many wonderful businesses in the Lakes region) closes for winter. Until it reopens, use the link above and browse through their online catalog.