- We hadn’t been in a while.
- These trips almost always involve fried catfish (one of my reasons for living).
- Michael, like most people who work Monday – Friday, deals with a steady stream of human beings. A steady stream of human beings can lead to raised levels of stress. Running away from it all (even if it’s just for a day) can keep you sane…. especially when you escape to such a beautiful and relaxing place.
The Land Between the Lakes is gorgeous, year-round, winter, spring, summer, and fall – but early spring brings with it its own special feelings of excitement and anticipation. I wanted to capture a little bit of these feelings in pictures.
From daffodils blooming in the Land Between the Lakes to boats being primed and prepped for months of life on the lakes at Lighthouse Landing, the entire region’s coming alive and it’s a beautiful thing to see. Grand Rivers was flooded with people (a marathon combined with the always popular Patti’s 1880’s Settlement turned this peaceful little village into a hot spot), so we didn’t make it to Green Turtle Bay, but undoubtedly it’s bustling with excitement as well.
Grab your camera and head off for the wonderful Lakes Region in Kentucky at your earliest convenience.
What can you do in the Lake’s Region? Plenty! Area attractions include:
- Lake Barkley State Resort Park
- Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park
- Elk & Bison Prairie
- Golden Pond Planetarium
- The 1850’s Homeplace
- The Nature Station
- Green Turtle Bay Resort and Marina
- Grand Rivers, Kentucky (“Village Between the Lakes” – Kentucky Lake is one one side of the beautiful little village and Lake Barkley is on the other side. Right in the middle is some of the best homemade fudge in the world at the Fudge Factory and fun Branson, Missouri type musicals at Grand Rivers Variety – see below.)
- Grand Rivers Variety
- The Hitching Post and Old Kentucky Store (in Aurora – more excellent homemade fudge in a one of a kind tourist attraction-gift shop-antique collector’s dream come true!)
- Kenlake State Resort Park
Whether you’re looking for a week long vacation, a weekend getaway, or simply a “daycation,” Kentucky Lake and Land Between the Lakes are waiting to blow your mind. Blowing mind’s is what they do best…. that and fried catfish.