Without a doubt, one of the coolest places you’ll ever visit is the 1850’s Homeplace in the Land Between the Lakes. I took the picture above on a visit a couple of weeks ago.Ã?Â I remember a couple of things about this particular day:
- It was so hot I thought my face was going to melt off.
- The ladies working in the Welcoming Center were uncommonly friendly and fun.
- I never saw so many big, beautiful butterflies in my life!
- The pigs in the pig pen put on a really good show.
- My husband treated me to a catfish dinner at the Willow Pond in Aurora for supper.
You can read more about the characters in the Welcoming Center and see more pictures here: Hot, Lovely, Eventful, Hot, and Fun Day at The 1850’s Homeplace