“Always…Patsy Cline” returns to Badgett Playhouse in Grand Rivers, Kentucky this weekend – back by popular demand! That, alone, should tell you how wonderful the show is and how much you should grab your tickets as soon as possible. Whenever something is “Back by Popular Demand,” you’d better believe it’s worth seeing.
Three or four times even.
Always… Patsy Cline is a very moving tribute to the late, great Patsy Cline. Patsy Cline, who many of today’s artists claim had the greatest voice ever is an American icon. Patsy died tragically in a plane crash in 1963. She was only 30 years old.
30. Years. Young.
This beautiful musical/comedy (ironically, there’s a great deal of humor) is based on a true story about Patsy Cline’s friendship with a fan from Houston named Louise Seger. The two colorful ladies struck up a unique friendship in a Texas honky-tonk in l961, and continued to correspond right up till the horrible plane crash took Patsy Cline’s life. The show’s title, itself, comes straight from Cline’s letters to Seger, which were consistently signed “Love ALWAYS… Patsy Cline.”
Well, I don’t know if that last sentence is completely true. As long as there are Patsy Cline CDs (one of my personal favorite, and most often played cds is a Patsy Cline cd), Patsy Cline videos, and entertaining shows like “Always.. Patsy Cline,” her life hasn’t been completely taken from us at all. We can relive the magic that was Patsy Cline anytime we choose to!
Relive many of her unforgettable hits such as Crazy, I Fall to Pieces, Sweet Dreams and Waking After Midnight in Always… Patsy Cline. The show features 27 songs in all – each beautifully performed by the singer as well as the band.
As you may have guessed, I’m a huge fan of Patsy Cline (Click the following link to read a special post I wrote about Patsy Cline on my Golden Age of Hollywood and Entertainment blog). Her music takes me to a whole other place that I never tire of visiting. Shows like this one are a dream come true for Patsy Cline fans – take it from me.
More Grand Rivers Variety Reviews & News on Genuine Kentucky:
- The Outlaws of Country Music at Grand Rivers Variety
- The Sweethearts of Country Music at Grand Rivers Variety
- Red, White, and Tuna: You’ll Laugh Until You Cry!
- Always, Patsy Cline: Back By Popular Demand
- Ring of Fire: The Johnny Cash Musical at Grand Rivers Variety
- Variety! Music, Memories, and More Christmas Spectacular Review
- The Fabulous 50’s Show at Grand Rivers Variety
- The Big Band Show at Grand Rivers Variety
- Greater Tuna is Back in Grand Rivers and All Is Right in My World
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at Grand Rivers Variety
- A Tuna Christmas in Grand Rivers: Sign Me Up!