2 tablespoons olive oil
Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt (or regular sea salt), for sprinkling
- Pre-Heat the oven to 275 degrees.
- Wash (and dry) the kale. You want to make sure it’s thoroughly dry or it won’t get as crispy as you want it to.
- Cut the ribs away and discard. Cut the kale leaves into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place in a bowl (or directly on a large baking sheet) and drizzle with the EVOO and Sea Salt. If you can get your mitts on Bourbon Smoked Sea Salt, do so. It adds a little extra flavor and, if you’ll allow me to be all girly for a minute… it’s pretty.
- Be sure each piece is coated with the oil and sea salt. Bake on a large cookie sheet until crisp, turning the leaves halfway through, for about 20 minutes. If, after 20 minutes, they aren’t as crisp as you prefer, put them back for a few more minutes. Just be sure you don’t put them back and walk away – they’ll turn on you fast.
- Enjoy as a healthy, crunchy snack!
Be sure your cookie sheet is large enough for a single layer of kale chips. If they have to ride on one another’s backs, they won’t get nice and crunchy.