The picture above sums up a little slice of Heaven for me. When you love buttermilk biscuits as much as we do in our home – they always bring a smile to your face.
Buttermilk biscuits made from scratch are already out of this world, but when you add outstanding jams and jellies, it’s even more extraordinary. Recently, I made a batch to try out two new treasures we bought at The Hitching Post in Aurora: Apple Pie Moonshine Jelly and Blackberry Jam. Whenever we’re in the Land Between the Lakes or at Kenlake State Resort Park or Lake Barkley State Resort Park – we always make our way to Aurora, Kentucky.
Truth be told, it’s always one of the highlights of the trip.
The Hitching Post is one of the places I go to stock up on jellies, preserves, and jams. I make A LOT of buttermilk biscuits, cornbread, and sourdough bread and the spreads we buy at the Hitching Post always do right by them. VERY, VERY right. The blackberry jam is so fantastic on a biscuit, it’s almost like eating a little blackberry cobbler.
The Hitching Post is just one of the coolest places in all of Kentucky. (Run and tell that!)
Whenever you’re in the Kentucky Lake or Lake Barkley area, you MUST make The Hitching Post in Aurora one of your first and last stops. If you happen to arrive while there’s a Chicago Hot Dogs stand out front, don’t even hesitate for half a second to stroll over and try the very best hot dog you’ve ever had in your life.
Oh, heck, life’s short… have two.
Put The Hitching Post and its one-of-a-kind Old Country Store at the top of your “Things to See and Do at Kentucky Lake” list.
More of The Hitching Post on Genuine Kentucky:
- Step Back in Time at The Hitching Post and Country Store in Aurora, Ky.
- Handsome Gentleman Hanging Out in the Hitching Post
- Homemade Fudge at The Hitching Post!
- Endless Kentucky Nostalgia at The Hitching Post in Aurora, Kentucky
- Classic Sign on The Hitching Post’s Porch!
- Delicious Kentucky Food at The Hitching Post
- Hitching Post and Old Country Store: Antique Lover’s Paradise
- The All American Showdown and Vintage Sodas at The Hitching Post!
- The Hitching Post & Old Country Store Pictures