Bridge Along the Jack C. Fisher Walking and Biking Trail
Jack C. Fisher Park is a 33 acre community park located on the quiet west side of Owensboro. The park is well known across Kentucky in the softball community. The softball complex is first class and buzzes with fun all summer long.
A lot of local families (including our’s) think of Jack C. Fisher as one of the best places in Owensboro to walk and/or ride bicycles. The paved walking trail is 3/4 mile long, but it can easily be extended onto the Greenbelt – a paved trail that goes on for eternity around the city of Owensboro (over 15 miles). When you lace them up and go to Jack C. Fisher Park, you can make your workout as short or as long as you like.
Jack C. Fisher Amenities:
- Paved Walking and Biking Trail (3/4 Mile)
- Several ponds with plenty of geese, turtles, and other pond residents!
- Picnic Facilities
- Rest Room
- Open Picnic Shelter
- One Softball Diamond (practice field)
- Owensboro Softball Complex (4 softball diamonds, concessions, restrooms)
- Picnic Tables near the ponds
The Jack C. Fisher Park is within minutes of:
- Moonlite Bar-B-Que
- Burger King
- Big Dipper (infamous in Owensboro for their ice cream, shakes, burgers, and the best hot dogs in town)
- Lic’s Ice Cream
- Taco Bell
- Pizza 54
- Pangea Cafe
- Little Caesar’s
- Hong Kong (excellent Asian Food… fast!)
- Ramada Inn – 3136 W 2nd St (270) 685-3941
- Holiday Inn Express – 3220 West Parrish (270) 685-2433
The Softball Complex and Jack C. Fisher Park are located at 3900 West 5th Street Road (see the map below). As with anything on Genuine Kentucky, if you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me (joi sigers @ aim.com) or send me a direct message on Twitter (@JoiTaniaSigers).
If I don’t know an answer, I’ll find someone who does!
View Larger Map
Leave a Reply