The Kentucky 100 (a new, twice-monthly publication that delivers 100-word stories and short videos to subscribers) asked readers to help pick the top 10 BBQ restaurants and joints in Kentucky.
“We’ll pit Kentucky’s BBQ against the best anywhere,” said Publisher Chad Carlton. “Picking just 10 places wasn’t easy. Our readers and our staff are passionate about great food.”
The list, which you’ll find below, includes two from my hometown, Owensboro… makes me pretty proud!
- Brothers BBQ (Campbellsville)
- Feast (Louisville)
- Heatons BBQ (Princeton)
- Ken-Tex BBQ (Shelbyville)
- Momma’s Mustard, Pickles & BBQ (Louisville)
- Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn (Owensboro)
- Old Hickory Bar-B-Que (Owensboro)
- Red State BBQ (Lexington)
- Split Tree Barbecue (Alvaton)
- The Wood Shed (Hopkinsville)
As for my favorite BBQ here in Owensboro, I love Moonlite and Old Hickory pretty evenly. I’m also crazy about Ole South BBQ (outstanding breakfast buffet…. OUTSTANDING). The mutton at Moonlite is my favorite meat on their menu – it’s wonderful, as are their sides. Old Hickory and Ole South have exceptional sides, too.
We’ve got it good here in Owensboro when it comes to BBQ Restaurants – three wonderful ones to choose from.
What is the Kentucky 100? I’ll let them tell you in their own words…
- The Kentucky 100 is:
100-word stories about the news, issues and leaders shaping the Commonwealth.
- 100-second (or less) videos that tell the stories of the Bluegrass State.
- 100 percent free to readers, delivered by email twice a month.
- 100 percent thoughtful, engaging and insightful.
- The Kentucky 100 is part of a national network with a proven model of producing and distributing engaging content. It is produced and powered by C2 Strategic Communications, one of Kentucky’s fastest-growing public relations and engagement firms.
Check them out for yourself: https://thekentucky100.com
Old Hickory Deliciousness: