Every Girl’s Crazy ’bout a Sharp Dressed… Flamingo?
You never know who you’re going to meet when you’re walking around downtown Bowling Green. On a recent trip, we met the lovely flamingo above. It’s all fun and games until you realize the flamingo is better dressed than you are.
If you get a chance to hang out in one of Kentucky’s downtowns, jump at the chance. Among other Kentucky cities, Bowling Green, Louisville, Morgantown, Greenville, Lexington, Central City, Paducah, and my own hometown, Owensboro, have wonderful downtown areas. Walk around, stop inside the shops (it’s always the right time to support local businesses and it doesn’t get much more local than your own downtown!), and soak up the history and unmistakable vibe.
Downtowns have a way of marrying the “old” with the “new” in a way that’s truly fascinating, so don’t just drive past the next downtown you see… get to know it better.
You never know who, or what, you’ll see.
Also on Genuine Kentucky:
- Owensboro: Home to One of the 10 Great Southern Downtowns!
- The Blues Brothers in Downtown Central City
- Stinky and Coco’s Diner: Downtown Winchester, Kentucky
- Picture of the Day from Downtown Morgantown
- Video: Downtown Paducah
- Beautiful Fountain in Bowling Green’s Fountain Square Park
- Ownesboro’s Another Broken Egg Review
- Review: Mustang Grill and Steakhouse (Downtown Greenville)
- Fetta: Delicious Pizza in Downtown Owensboro
Never sassier! Seriously, though, I should look as good on my downtown trips. 😉
Joi Sigers says
Isn’t he (she?) a looker, though?!