Are you ready to find out what “rolling on the floor laughing your butt off” really feels like? If your butt’s game, here’s your chance. A “Greater Tuna” show is back in all of its hilarious glory at Grand Rivers Variety in Grand Rivers, Kentucky. If you’ve read Genuine Kentucky for very long (and if not, where have you been?!), you’ve no doubt read my Greater Tuna reviews and are well aware that they act upon my funny-bone the way catnip acts upon a cat.
About Red, White, and Tuna:
The much anticipated third installment in the Tuna trilogy takes the audience through another satirical ride into the hearts and minds of the polyester-clad citizens of Texas’ third smallest town. Along with Tuna’s perennial favorites, some new Tuna denizens burst into the 4th of July Tuna High School Class Reunion. This sets the stage for a show full of fireworks and fun! – Grand Rivers Variety
The writing is outrageously funny and the performances are even funnier. These shows make you miss the good old days of comedy – when writers and actors depended on humor to get a reaction, rather than shock value.
You’ll lose yourself in the fictional and deliciously zany little town of Tuna as the town’s outrageous characters (male and female) are hilariously brought to life by Bill Minihan and Steve Sherling. I’ve often wished that Grand Rivers Variety had each of their Tuna shows on dvd – they’d make excellent Christmas presents for people who love to laugh!
The seasonal shows at Grand Rivers Variety are just that – seasonal…… as in you’d better act now or they won’t just be gone, they’ll be long gone. Trust me, this one’s far too fun to let get away. There are only 5 shows for Red, White, and Tuna on the schedule: July 13, 20, and 27 and August 3 and 10. Each of these shows is on a Wednesday and, mark it down, you’ll still be talking about it when the next Wednesday rolls around.
True story: A few days ago, my husband Michael told me the official opening date of Red, White, and Tuna and I laughed. I said, “I’m laughing already!”
Still am…. yeah, they’re that funny.
More Grand Rivers Variety Reviews & News on Genuine Kentucky:
- The Outlaws of Country Music at Grand Rivers Variety
- The Sweethearts of Country Music at Grand Rivers Variety
- Red, White, and Tuna: You’ll Laugh Until You Cry!
- Always, Patsy Cline: Back By Popular Demand
- Ring of Fire: The Johnny Cash Musical at Grand Rivers Variety
- Variety! Music, Memories, and More Christmas Spectacular Review
- The Fabulous 50’s Show at Grand Rivers Variety
- The Big Band Show at Grand Rivers Variety
- Greater Tuna is Back in Grand Rivers and All Is Right in My World
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at Grand Rivers Variety
- A Tuna Christmas in Grand Rivers: Sign Me Up!