We grabbed a few sundaes at Sonic last night and enjoyed them on the riverfront. There were a lot of people enjoying Smothers Park last night and the beautiful thing is the ages ranged as widely as the ways in which we were all enjoying the beautiful evening.
- Lots of families had their children on Lazy Dayz, Smothers Park’s AMAZING children’s playground.
- A police officer enjoyed the view of the river – I’m sure he was thrilled hat everyone was peacefully having a wonderful evening. Made his job equal parts easy and enjoyable.
- An older couple (probably in their 70s) cuddled as they watched the sun set in the distance – I couldn’t decide which was a more beautiful sight, them or the sunset.
- Twenty-Somethings enjoyed drinks from The Creme Coffee Shop on parlor tables by the river as they talked and laughed and laughed and laughed.
- A young father tried to keep up with two little girls, probably ages 3 and 4. They were a real sight, trust me.
- Lots of people were taking pictures of one another in front of fountains and one mother, in particular, made me laugh out loud as she begged her young sons for them to “please, please, please be still for just one minute… that’s all I’m asking for one minute..” I’m not sure she ever got her wish.
For good reason, we’re very proud of Smothers Park and the beautiful Riverfront here in Owensboro. We love to show it off, too! I hope you and your family will come visit us SOON. Not only are we the Bar-B-Que capital of the world, we’re staking a claim on outstanding riverfront parks.
Come see for yourself!
Click the pictures below for a larger view and see more pictures of Smothers Park in the galleries – including more of Lazy Dayz… truly a one-in-a-million playground.
Leave a Reply