Did you know that, if you have a Kroger Plus Card you can support worthy institutions and causes in your community simply by shopping?
As I said above, this is so in my wheelhouse it isn’t funny. Kroger is as present in my daily routines as brushing and flossing are.
Actually, come to think of it, I’m pretty sure I shop more than I floss.
The Community Support program costs you nothing – you simply log into your Kroger account and locate COMMUNITY in the top nav bar. Beneath COMMUNITY is the choice “IN YOUR COMMUNITY” – click that!
When you land on the Enroll page, either search for the organization you’re interested in, keywords (Humane Society, Church, Boys and Girls Clubs…), or the specific town you’re interested in.
I searched Baptist for the illustration and, as you can see in the picture at the bottom, I came up with pages and pages of Baptist Churches in Kentucky.
It’s a wonderful way to “give back” to your community and, again, it costs you absolutely nothing.
I was also able to locate the following WORTHY Kentucky Organizations:
- International Bluegrass Music Museum
- Bluegrass Heritage Museum
- Bluegrass Railroad Museum
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana
- A LOT of Humane Societies – such as the Owensboro Humane Society (the community support program I am enrolled in this year)- are enrolled in the program and, obviously, could use more support. Simply enter “Humane Society” in the search box and look for the one in your community.
- Right to Life – Owensboro
- Kids Cancer Alliance (Louisville)
- KY Elks Assoc Kids with Cancer
- Many museums – either enter the word museum or the name of a particular museum and help support the museum as they keep history alive!
- There are many, many others – all you have to do is look.
There are so many wonderful choices, I wish I could choose more than one. However, the support would be diluted if that happened. I hope you’ll take the couple of minutes and support a worthy cause today. Remember, you have to re-enroll each year.
Then… all you have to do is shop!
Leave a Reply