Pine Mountain State Resort Park (Behind the Lodge)
Beautiful Pine Mountain State Resort Park is offering a “Hike-A-Thon” during 2016 that will feature a monthly guided hike from March through September.
The seven hikes will all be within 70 miles of Pine Mountain State Resort Park. Transportation will be available to the first 10 people who register for the hikes. The fee for the entire series is $35 per person and includes a t-shirt. You can also register for three hikes and a t-shirt for $25. The fee for one hike is $10 a person. The deadline to register is April 1.
The planned hikes and dates are:
- March 26: Honeymoon Falls Trail—1.35 miles. Led by nature photographer Harold Jerrell with an emphasis on photography.
- April 23: Blanton Forest State Nature Preserve—4.5 miles. Led by Kentucky Natural Lands Trust.
- May 14: Bad Branch State Nature Preserve—8 miles. Led by Kentucky State Nature Preserves Commission.
- June 25: Laurel Cove Trail—1.75. Led by naturalist Dr. Tom Toole.
- July 23: Kingdom Come State Park— 1.25 miles. Led with Kingdom Come State Park.
- Aug. 27: Fern Garden Trail—1.2 miles.
- Sept. 17: FREE HIKE, open to the public! Sand Cave & White Rocks, Cumberland Gap National Historical Park— 9 miles. Led with Cumberland Gap Nat’l Historical Park.
To register or for more information, call 606-337-3066.
Pine Mountain State Resort Park has a 30-room lodge, cottages and a full-service restaurant. It also has a golf course and other recreational opportunities for guests. Pine Mountain State Resort Park is located south of Pineville, on U.S. 25E, 10 miles north of Middlesboro.
See more Pictures of Pine Mountain State Resort Park on Genuine Kentucky!