If you’ve ever been to Woodlands Nature Station in the Land Between the Lakes, you know why I say that… as a bird and animal lover… it’s one of my favorite places in the world. The bird-watching (and photographing, of course) can’t be beat. As my husband could attest, I could and do spend hours watching the beautiful birds while looking for just the right picture.
Hummingbirds are just one of the beautiful birds that have the good sense to flock to the Nature Station. They know a great buffet when they see it! August is Hummingbird Month at Woodlands and if you’re anything like me, you won’t want to miss a single thing… or feather. Notice that reservations are required for nearly half of the programs.
Special Hummingbird Programs:
- Throughout August: Nature Station Hummingbird Photo Contest
- Friday, August 4, 6-8pm: Dinner with the Hummingbirds (reservations required)
- Saturday & Sunday, August 5 & 6: Hummingbird Festival
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 10am: Morning with the Hummingbirds
- Wednesdays, August 2, 9, & 30 at 11:30am: Hummingbirds of the World
- Saturday, August 12 at 9:30am: Hummingbird Photography Workshop (reservations required)
- Saturday, August 26 at 9am: EXCLUSIVE: Early Morning Photo Session (reservations required)
- Saturday, August 19 at 9am: Hummingbird Café (reservations required)
- Sunday, August 13: Knee-high Naturalists – Hummingbirds