I was recently recovering from a nasty cold, and my wonderful husband Michael offered to take me out to eat. When he asked where I’d like to go, the answer was out of my mouth before the question was out of his. I am obsessed… obsessed, mind you… with the Feed Mill in Morganfield, Ky.
Below are the top 10 + 1 reasons why I can’t get enough of the Feed Mill:
- Catfish makes my culinary world go round and the Feed Mill has arguably the best fried catfish in the state of Kentucky. It’s consistently big, beautiful, juicy, and delicious. I’m telling you, this catfish sets the bar for others. Out. Of. This. World.
- I’m as wild about good onion rings as I am catfish and the Feed Mill has great onion rings. We get an order to share as an appetizer each time we go. As I’ve said in previous reviews of the Feed Mill, their ketchup is a brand that’s not particularly good, so I smuggle in packets of Heinz or Hunt’s. On our recent trip, our VERY friendly server asked if we’d like to try their “In House Made” Honey Mustard Sauce with the onion rings. Ridiculously delicious! Michael saved some for his fried chicken.
- The Feed Mill’s ambiance is unlike any other. The last time I was there, I looked around for a picture that’d capture the unique spirit of the place. I wanted to convey the Feed Mill’s charisma, charm, and eccentricity to people who’d never been there. When I saw the “Bayou Band” members on the wall (above), I knew I’d found my picture. Yep, I’d say they prove my point.
- The baked beans are some of the best baked beans I’ve ever had.
- The green beans are some of the best green beans I’ve ever had.
- The fried chicken is some of the best fried chicken I’ve ever had…. make that THE best.
- The mashed potatoes taste homemade – creamy, smooth, and delicious. The Loaded Mashed Potatoes are so good you’ll fall out of your seat.
- The yeast rolls taste EVEN better than they smell.
- The menu is one of the most diverse menus you’ll ever find. They have a little bit of everything. And it’s all Heavenly.
- The best restaurant dessert in the state is at the Feed Mill. The Bread Pudding is something you have to try to believe. The Sauce on this amazing dessert is one in a gazillion and you’ll never forget it.
- In a word: Consistency. If you eat out regularly, you know what an issue consistency can be. Restaurants have off nights – that’s to be expected. Sometimes a hash brown casserole may be over-done, while on the next trip, it’s fantastic. That’s normal – after all humans are involved in the kitchens and we humans aren’t perfect. Somehow… and I can’t explain how… the food at the Feed Mill is always exceptional. Always a perfect 10. The servings are always the same – they never scrimp. Consistent. Consistent. Consistent. Maybe they don’t have humans in the kitchen. Maybe they’re highly proficient aliens. I’m okay with that.
The Feed Mill Restaurant is located at 3541 U.S. 60 in Morganfield, Ky. Click HERE for their official website for the menu and hours.
My Feed Mill Restaurant Reviews on Genuine Kentucky:
- The Best Fried Catfish in Kentucky, the Feed Mill Restaurant in Morganfield (Review)
- The Feed Mill in Morganfield, Read the Review, then Rush to the Restaurant!
- One of Kentucky’s Best Restaurants: The Feed Mill (Morganfield, Ky)
- Picture of the Day: One of the Best Desserts in Ky is at the Feed Mill