Picnic area at the Overlook at Lake Cumberland State Resort Park. The view? Remarkable!
Very often, I’ll find myself somewhere so majestic and beautiful in our state that I think, “This is just Kentucky showing off.” Truth be told, she shows off a lot. And why not, if you’ve got it, flaunt it.
If you want to see Kentucky showing off to the point of ridiculousness, simply visit Lake Cumberland State Resort Park. Honestly, this is Kentucky calling out all the shots.
- deer and other wildlife
- woods with hundreds and hundreds of trees
- gorgeous clear Lake Cumberland
- beautiful birds galore
- countless activities for the family – from disc golf and tennis to swimming and fishing
Click each thumbnail above for the larger picture.
Lake Cumberland’s Lure Lodge has 63 rooms with full amenities. A limited number of lodge rooms are available for pets. The lodge overlooks beautiful Lake Cumberland. The indoor pool complex is available year round for fun and fitness. The gift shop is filled with wonderful gifts including a number of Kentucky handcrafts, Kentucky food, books, jewelry, toys for kids, and more.
The inside of the lodge is a treat for sightseers, itself. The decor is relaxing and beautiful and Lake Cumberland can be viewed right outside the many huge windows.Ã?Â The view is breathtaking.
Something else I love about the lodge is the restaurant, Rowena Landing. The restaurant offers a panorama view of scenic Lake Cumberland. It also offers a great assortment of delicious food (catfish, hamburgers, grilled chicken, ham, Kentucky Hot Brown, and an endless assortment of other food on their impressive buffet).Ã?Â Kentucky State Resort Parks also have some of the best coffee in the entire world. Take it from this coffee fanatic, their’s is outstanding. It smells like Heaven and tastes as good as it smells.
Things to Do at Lake Cumberland State Resort Park
- Disc Golf. Lake Cumberland State Resort Park has the most beautiful Disc Golf course I’ve ever seen. It’s just spectacular. On the 18-hole course, you drive, approach, and putt like normal golf, except with a Frisbee!
- Miniature Golf (18 hole miniature golf course)
- Horseback Riding (Guided 45-minute scenic trail rides for the entire family! They depart every hour and are available 9am – 5pm daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Swimming (The heated indoor pool is open to cottage and lodge guests)
- Picnicking (why do I do a Yogi Bear voice every time I type this word?)
- 2 Lighted Tennis Courts
- Sand Volleyball
- Basketball Courts
- Photography. Photography. Photography. You won’t believe the number of beautiful photo opportunities!
- Have a relaxing game of checkers in the lodge
Lake Cumberland State Resort Park
5465 State Park Road
Jamestown, KY 42629-7801
Lodge Reservations: 800-325-1709
Get directions to Lake Cumberland State Resort Park:
View Larger Map