THE Place for Shopping at Kentucky Lake
You Won’t Believe How Great These Candles Smell!
Two of of my three daughters (Emily and Stephany) and I have a tradition that kind of allows us to make Christmas last all year long. Beginning in January, we start “rounding up” Christmas gifts for loved ones and we stash them away in hidden totes until the day after Thanksgiving… then the wrapping begins. My other daughter (Brittany) is like my husband/their father, Christmas officially begins in December and they will not consider any other approach!
Many of these candles, at The Hitching Post (Aurora, KY, near Kentucky Lake) are destined for my hidden Christmas totes. Let’s make no mistake about it, though, they’re also destined for my kitchen, dining room, den, bathrooms… They are Heavenly.
Each one smelled out of this world – Lilac & Wildflowers, Cabin Fever, Lemon Cheesecake, Honeysuckle Pear, French Thyme… and my personal favorite, Eucalyptus Lavender.
Candles like this make excellent gift ideas because it’s one thing people always want and need. These beauties are extra special because you can clean them out after the candle has been used up and use the beautiful little jar as a vase or to hold anything from Q-Tips to kitchen gadgets.
Whether it’s birthdays, anniversaries, weddings or Christmas, these are ideal gift ideas. You’ll actually find endless gift ideas in The Hitching Post & Old Country Store – vintage games, antiques, Kentucky Food, books, toys, souvenirs…
Each time I go, I tell myself the same thing, “I could, literally do ALL of my Christmas shopping here!”
Just don’t tell my husband or Brittany. They get migraines when I talk about Christmas before the 4th of July.
- Cool Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley T-Shirts
- Delicious Kentucky Food Haul from The Hitching Post
- Coffee at The Hitching Post and Old Country Store
- Unique Deliciousness from The Hitching Post
- Picture of the Day from The Hitching Post
- The All-American Soda Showdown
- Handsome Gentleman at The Hitching Post
- The Best Place for Buying Kentucky Food
- Homemade Fudge at The Hitching Post
- The Hitching Post & Old Country Store
- Step Back in Time at The Hitching Post
- Picture of the Day: Sign on the Porch!
- Ch-ch-ch-changes at The Hitching Post and Old Country Store