Well, Kentucky, it’s the day after Halloween, and that always means a couple of things…
- My Christmas lights, snowmen, elves, Santas, tree, and Baby Jesus all come out of the garage and into the house as pumpkins, ghosts, bats, and goblins come out of the house and go into the garage.
- I tweak my Thanksgiving menu and recipes.
- I begin a chorus of, “Why didn’t I start shopping earlier this year?!” – a chorus that doesn’t end until December 26th.
- Christmas shows begin at Grand Rivers Variety in Grand Rivers, Kentucky!
If you’ve never been to one of the Christmas shows at Badgett Playhouse, you have to stop procrastinating and buy your tickets now! We love Grand Rivers Variety shows so much that I always feel that if I could just get everyone to attend ONE show, they’ll be hooked and instantly become regulars. Honestly, once you treat yourself to one of the wonderful musical and/or comedy shows, you’ll want to see them all.
When it comes to the Christmas shows at Grand Rivers Variety, my personal favorites are:
- A Tuna Christmas (Hilarious!)
- Variety! Christmas
- The Big Band Christmas Show
- It’s a Wonderful Life Live Radio Show (will only be shown once this year – on December 23)
The first three shows, along with a few other Christmas shows, will be shown throughout November and December. You can read about each of these Christmas shows on Grand Rivers Variety‘s website.
Attending any (or better yet, all!) of these shows will make the Christmas season even sweeter. Hearing your favorite Christmas songs performed live is simply too beautiful to describe. Although it happened a few years ago, I still remember a standing ovation a young man received during a showing of Variety! Christmas. My ears remember his spellbinding voice, my eyes remember the tears, and my arms distinctly recall the goosebumps.
Now ask me again why you should buy your tickets today.
You can, honestly, make this your best Christmas season ever. But why stop there? Why not give a loved one (or loved ones) a Christmas gift they’ll remember for the rest of their life? You could tell treat a mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, or other family member to a matinee show, followed by dinner at a local restaurant or to dinner, followed by an evening show. Tell them this is “one” of their Christmas gifts, then wait (at the end of the evening) for the inevitable, “You don’t have to get me anything else!”
We’ve taken friends and family to Grand Rivers Variety before and they always want to know the same thing… when are we going back?! I’ve gotten to where I just wait for the question – because it’ll either be, “When’s the next show we can see?,” “What other shows are your favorites?,” “Are all the shows that fun?”
My parents and my in-laws would have loved the Grand Rivers Variety shows as much as we do. If they were still living, we’d take them to ever single one! My dad was a lot like me, so I know A Tuna Christmas would have been a favorite. We’d have both been laughing so hard the rest of our group wouldn’t have claimed us. Trust me, if you know anyone who’s favorite thing to do is laugh – buy your tickets to A Tuna Christmas today.
Read my first A Tuna Christmas Review.
See Grand Rivers Variety for dates, times, and ticket information. There’s no time like the present… and you won’t find presents than this!
More Grand Rivers Variety Reviews & News on Genuine Kentucky:
- The Outlaws of Country Music at Grand Rivers Variety
- The Sweethearts of Country Music at Grand Rivers Variety
- Red, White, and Tuna: You’ll Laugh Until You Cry!
- Always, Patsy Cline: Back By Popular Demand
- Ring of Fire: The Johnny Cash Musical at Grand Rivers Variety
- Variety! Music, Memories, and More Christmas Spectacular Review
- The Fabulous 50’s Show at Grand Rivers Variety
- The Big Band Show at Grand Rivers Variety
- Greater Tuna is Back in Grand Rivers and All Is Right in My World
- It’s a Wonderful Life: A Live Radio Play at Grand Rivers Variety
- A Tuna Christmas in Grand Rivers: Sign Me Up!