Michael and I spent Sunday at one of our favorite Kentucky State Parks – Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park. This one seriously breathtakingly beautiful area of Kentucky. The lush, gorgeous Pennyrile Forest never ceases to amaze me. There are so many different fascinating trees, you’ll find yourself as mesmerized by them as you are the lovely lake.
If you read this Kentucky blog very often, you already know what a tree hugger I am, so you can imagine how much I love Pennyrile Forest. It’s Heaven on earth as far as I’m concerned.
Michael golfed, we drove around and took pictures (lots and lots of pictures), and we ate lunch in the restaurant’s lodge. If this isn’t the best restaurant in the entire state park system, it ties for the absolute best. Each food we’ve ever eaten here has been fantastic. The fried catfish? It IS the best in the state park system. I’m not sure why, but the people at Pennyrile KNOW their catfish and I love them muchly for that.
I’ll add more pictures tomorrow. At the moment, supper awaits to be cooked. Manicotti just refuses to cook itself.
More Pennyrile State Resort Park on Genuine Kentucky:
- Pennyrile State Resort Park Pictures
- Things to Do at Pennyrile State Park!
- Pennyrile State Resort Park Events
- Kentucky Picture of the Day from Pennyrile State Park
- Pennyrile Forest’s Clifty Creek Restaurant Review
- Beautiful Picture of Pennyrile Forest
- Perfect Afternoon at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
- Secluded Lodge at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park!
- Beautiful Deer at Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
- Best Fried Catfish Sandwich in Kentucky
- Best Trails for Hiking in Kentucky